Baptism service guidlines
While preparing for your baptism, the Church would like to share some points with you to take into consideration during planning to be blessed by the Holy Spirit during the prayers of the sacrament of baptism.
- The person who is ready to be baptized must complete the required catechumens class before reserving a time for baptism. He/she also must have the blessing of the father the priest who was guiding them through the process.
- The person who is ready to be baptized must be in good standing with the Church; meaning that he/she must be actively living a life of repentance and confession under the guidance of an Orthodox priest.
- If you have any questions regarding Orthodoxy and/or would like to speak to someone regarding being baptized in the Coptic Orthodox Church please click here
- Other guidelines may apply
- Schedule a time for confession
- Fast from midnight in preparation to receive the three sacraments; Baptism, Confirmation, and Communion
- Make sure you arrange with an Orthodox priest to administer the sacraments
- Be on time; every baptism is followed by a Divine Liturgy
Click here to submit a baptism reservation request